Monday, October 09, 2006

Progress on Cartload - VIII

Edits to the initial post:

Picture of the completed kit (after being held taut):



-- End of Edits --

After 72 hours of being occupied with the kit over a period of 29 days, it has all come to an end! A four hour continuous effort starting last midnight finished up the kit, and a picture of the completed kit (unstretched) is put up here.



Time spent on filling up the remaining area with white: 4 hours (approx.)
Cumulative time spent on the kit: 72 hours (approx.)

Later today, I will try to add a picture of the kit such that the crumpled look due to the bending of the canvas is not very obvious.

With framing charges in the US being much more than the cost of the kit itself (which was bought in India), I have decided to send the completed version back home for framing. I am planning to put up a picture of the framed version once I get it back.

Now, the only thing left to do with the kit on my part is to decide whom to gift it to!

6 comments:

Rekha said...

Do your iron the sheet before beginning?

Ganesh T S said...

Yes, I did do it (As you can see from the first post in this series).

However, as the colours are worked upon, the canvas invariably gets folds, unless a stitching frame or hoop is used to hold it taut.

Akanksha said...

me!! :D man..this requires a lot of patience.. i got a tiny piece once.. and cudn't get myself to sit with it for more than 15 minutes :(!

Akanksha said...

the "me!" was in response to ur last line in ur last post btw ;)

Ganesh T S said...

@ Akanksha,

Thanks for your appreciation :)

As far as gifting the kit goes, you are welcome to join the list (of people I am thinking about giving it to). Just to keep you updated, you are third in line :D

Akanksha said...

ok!