Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bookmark

Last year, I had started out on a cross stitch piece. It was pretty huge, and taking up a lot of my time without nearing completion. I thought it would be a nice change to work on a similar, but smaller, design for starters.

I will use this post to track the progress on the smaller cross-stitch piece (and return to the bigger one sometime later this year). I will refrain from providing any details on the kit for now, lest the final design be revealed prematurely. Suffice to say that the kit had a piece of plain white Aida cloth, with laced edges, the size of a bookmark, and the design and colour codes printed on a separate piece of paper. I went to Joann's and purchased the embroidery floss for the various colour codes.

After finishing up a couple of colours, I realised that it would be prudent to avoid the knotting of the embroidery floss, and also linking two different sectors of the same colour with a running thread. I got curious, Googled for further tips, and ended up on this very informative page.

I plan on updating this post with edits as and when I complete each colour.

First off, the blank Aida cloth:


Cross stitches with Colour 1:


Cross stitches with Colour 2:



Back stitches with Colour 2:


Cross stitches with Colour 3:


Back stitches with Colour 3:


Cross stitches with Colour 4:


Cross stitches with Colour 4:


Cross stitches with Colour 5:


Cross stitches with Colour 6:


Cross stitches with Colour 7:


Cross stitches with Colour 8:


Cross stitches with Colour 9 (Completed Bookmark):



No comments: